Friday, September 18, 2009

admiring a married person...

“thou shalt not commit adultery”
“thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife”

Desiring a married person defies the two laws of God.
All of us Christians are very much aware of these two simple laws. Two person bind as one by the sacrament of matrimony will never be separated.
But are these laws applicable when desiring a married person …silently?

Coming from a broken family, the idea of falling on a married man is a great no no for me. I have experienced the pain of losing someone so precious; my bravest knight, my very sire. The crashing feeling of knowing you will never be the beloved little princess anymore – now that his majesty has already taken a new queen.
The concept as man taking many wives at a time is such a disgrace – moral degradation, a mortal sin, unforgivable; as the same way of a woman taking a married man as her intimate companion, or taking another man despite her marriage status.

With my views and experiences, how shall I judge myself then? ...when I found myself admiring a married man.

==================================================================================

From the busy corner of my career, he came. I never met him, no idea of who he is; no thought of his position. He was there, and I’m on my little chair thinking why I’m in this four corner walls having meeting with persons I don’t know.
It was my first week on my first job. I was assigned to assist a program on a critical project. He started to speak – authoritarian but friendly. I realize he was leading the team. Hmmm… that’s where I noticed his brilliance. A smart guy…
After the success of that certain project, he was out of the way. He became invisible then. He was there, and I’m on my little front corner desk – separated by our own individual world. :)

Ages passed…

He walked again into my life – on the time when my heart had given up to someone who I realized will never be mine again. He passed in front of me with his cute gestures (duh… no comment please); he started to smile on my way; he begin to create conversation (FC in short); what’s next?

“I curse you for being so sweet and so kind… Now I know you’re the dangerous type; yet, your face and smile tattooed in my mind”


“I don’t want to fall into pieces; I just wanna sit and stare at you.”

2 comments: